Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has declared to start recruitment for Stenographer Grade C and D posts by conducting the examination. SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2017 exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission of India to fill the vacancies for the post of Stenographer in Government institutions. The candidates are required to read the eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding with the application form.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2017 Details
The details for this exam is described below.
When to Apply
The eligible candidates are supposed to fill up the online application form from 17th June 2017 to 15th July 2017 up to 5:00 PM.
Number of Vacancies:
The number of vacancies for this post of Stenographer is yet to receive a confirmation from the commission and will be updated soon.
How to apply?
Given below is the systematic procedure for registering yourself to appear for the examination.
- Visit the website ssconline.nic.in and find the link for registration.
- Read all the rules and regulation for the exam and click on the link which says ‘Apply.’
- When you fill up the form after entering basic details, you will be required to submit it.
- This will generate your registration number as well as password.
- Note it down and keep it safely for further procedure.
- Now you must enter the other details such as your qualification, upload signature and scanned copy of a photograph.
- The last step is making payment and you must complete it to finish the procedure.
- The process is completed and you can check the website from time to time for any notifications or updates regarding the examination.
The application fee for 2017 is Rs. 100. However, women and candidates belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, physically handicapped, and ex-servicemen have a reservation for these posts and are not supposed to pay the application fee in order to take the examination.
As already mentioned above, the candidates will be selected based on their written test as well as skill test in stenography.
This examination consists of objective type or multiple choice questions. The time allotted to complete this examination is 2 hours for normal candidates and 2 hours 40 minutes for candidates who are visually impaired. The questions are available in both Hindi and English medium except for those in Part 3 of the question paper. Each wrong answer will be penalized by one-fourth of the total marks and if qualified, the candidate will be called to attend skill test.
The candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance in the computer-based written examination. The commission has the authority to fix the qualifying standards of this skill test for candidates belonging to different categories. The skill tests are usually held at the Regional or Sub-regional office of the commission. No candidate has the right to demand exemption from skill test irrespective of the category to which they belong. If they qualify the skill test, they will be recommended for appointment by the commission for the post of stenographer.
Resolution of a tie between two candidates:
We have seen several cases where the overall marks or aggregate of the two candidates are same. In such cases, it becomes difficult to make a selection between the two. However, a method has been prescribed by the commission to make a resolution in such cases and these methods are given below.
- The candidate who scores higher marks in the written examination will be given first preference.
- If the tie still persists, then the date of birth will be considered. The candidate who is elder amongst the two will be given preference.
- However, in rare cases, if the tie still persists between the two candidates, then alphabetical order of their first name will be taken into account. Whoever comes first in that order will be given preference over the other.
Age limit: As far as age limit of the candidate is concerned, the candidates must be between 18 to 27 years as on 1st August 2017. Some age relaxation is mentioned in the official prospectus as per their own rules and regulation for candidates belonging to special categories.
Educational Qualification: Candidates are required to pass the 12th standard examination from a recognized University or Board affiliated by Government of India.
|Start Date to Apply Online||17-06-2017|
|Last Date to Apply Online||15-07-2017|
|Date for Payment of Fee||18-07-2017|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||From 04-09-2017 to 07-09-2017|
For other details like examination center, syllabus, permissible disability of physically handicapped candidates, relaxation details, the scheme of examination and other information related to the exam, click on www.ssconline.nic.in .